Monday, February 20, 2012

Played soccer this weekend and realized how much I truly do enjoy playing. I am a coach for a u-9 group of kids and they are the cutest little things. they have such a passion for the sport just like I did when I was that age. I didnt ever think I could spread the love of soccer onto to many little kids. They look up to me to teach them cool tricks and lead them to be a winning team. I get so much satisfaction out of seeing the smiles on their faces when they score their first goal or pass to a team mate. Their parents are very supportive of them and that is really important. A parent needs to encourage their kid to try new things and to experience being on a team so they can get a feel for working with other people to get the job done.

At the end of the season I give them all medals or some kind of trophy for staying with it throughout the whole season. I think its very important to reward kids for not quitting and for trying out something that they are interested in. Soccer is a great way to introduce shy kids to others and get them to interact. It also gives them a chance to get out of the house and work out a little bit. Soccer can be played all year round, inside and outside.

Teaching kids is a great reward to myself because I know how to do something and they are respectful and learn from each word or move I show them. Yelling at a kid will only discourage them and make the want to quit. Coaches have more influence on if a kids comes back next season or not. The kid will associate soccer with a coach yelling at them. Keep the love of soccer going throughout the generations.

No comments:

Post a Comment